My Adventures in Kenya 2006

my adventures in Kenya

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Things will really happen tomorrow!

I am just going to post a short entry to this site today...feeling kind of up and down today. Lonely isn't really the right word, but it's something like that....strange to be lonely when surrounded by a few million people...

I am looking forward to tomorrow, we meet the group and our coordinator and begin our training. Then I think I'll feel like I know what I'm doing a little more.

And, I can't say enough how cool the giraffes were yesterday. It was incredible to touch them and feed them. They are so soft, sort of like a horse's head, but softer I think....

Take care!
Joelfre'

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I got here by random. Have fun in Africa...

8/31/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

oh joelf, i'm so glad you are blogging away...and you got to touch giraffes! how cool is that!

your volunteer journal is great to read but i like being able to post a comment and say hi.

**HI!**

good luck with your training!

love, steele

8/31/2006 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you checking out Joelfre's blog, I thought I would let you know that I just talked to him! It was great hearing his voice. He sounds really well. He made it to the farm/orphanage outside of Machakos Town. There are about 16 children who live there full time and up to 50 more who come there on the weekends. Joelf's not really sure where those 50 go when they are not at the orphanage. The farm has banana trees and he said the food is really good. In Kenya, they treat guests like kings and the director of the farm has done just that for Joelfre. I'm sure he will tell you more about it when he journals next, but he doesn't know when that will be. Anyway, I just thought you'd want to know that he sounds really good and says that Kenya is beautiful!

9/04/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

thanks, anon, for the joelf update!

9/05/2006 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home