Here I go!
Well, I'm unable to post on the other website for some reason, so here I go on this one. Just reread some of your comments, thanks a bunch, they reallllllly help.
Had my first major breakdown on the phone with Charlotte today, thanks for listening....wow!
Orientation was okay yesterday, I survived. It was just completely overwhelming to be given 16 choices of placements and then asked, so where do you want to go?
But it worked out that myself and one other new volunteer will be going to an orphanage near Machakos Town, about an hour and a half from Nairobi. There will be about 20 children there and we will live in a house next to the orphanage. No electricity at the house so will be getting some candles and another flashlight today....The town is about 14 km away where there are some services like internet and things. Hopefully I will learn how to use the matatus (public transport vans) or I'll never leave the orphanage....HA!! No, it seems like everyone uses them all the time and it's fine. I will be there for the first month of my time here and then I will come back into Nairobi to experience an urban placement.
I am going on a safari in two weeks so looking forward to that....we will be at Masai Mara during the migration so that should be cool.
I guess that's all for now!
Keep commenting, that's HOT!
Joelfre'
We went to a part of the Nairobi National Park today.
2 Comments:
joelf, i was so pissed off that i missed your phone call last night--DAMN! my celly won't let me call international numbers, but if you call me then its all goooood. i saved your number in the phone, so that i'll know its you.
GOOD LUCK out there in Machakos!!! And i hope you are taking some pictures of all these things you are seeing, mkay??
i'm going to help Tran paint her room tomorow, we'll miss you but we'll talk about you all the same.
love and miss you, steele
Coming from a First World Nation I totally am hating that I have to go to TWO sites to read about what is going on in your life!!! What about my life?! Do I have the time to visit 2 sites??? Did i mention I am from a 1st world country...WE ROCK!
love you
Cookie
Post a Comment
<< Home