Machakos
I entered a lot on the other site, so you'll just have to deal with reading it there!! This is a great place I'm in and looking forward to my time here. I'm learning a lot teaching as well!!
I will post an address here soon, I forgot it today at the house.
Thanks for your comments! By the way, who the heck is Cookie, maybe you should send me a private email!!
As ever,
Joelfre'
10 Comments:
I was wondering who Cookie was too! Does it have to do with the Tubby names???
-Char
joelf, just think of the most difficult person you know--that person is cookie. [rolling my eyes in amused exasperation]
i'm so glad that you are enjoying machakos and coping with hills and no electricity...by the way, when you say latrine, are you saying hole in the ground? just think, all the squatting will give you HOTT thighs.
Private email? Is that private email a come-on or something....I don't swing that way...in that I don't like swinging. only stationary stuff please.
Cookie, me, is only slightly related to the evil cake lady...well, in that I eat her cakes and stuff...though I a little bit more B@#?!Y than Cake lady.
in the world on flush toliets, I just painted my bedroom Joelfre. It is HOT...HOT HOT I say.
HEy why didn't I get a call...I hate you!
When can we see photos of the kids and stuff? What kinds of stuff are you teaching.
love
me
Cookie
What "other sight"? Why don't you just stick with one sight & don't confuse the issue. I'm outta the loop---:^(
hezzzzy
okay, curious and not sleepy as i am, i googled moelfre to see what the deal was...and i discovered Moelfre is a town in Wales! Here's an excerpt from a website:
The name can be traced back to the Doomsday Book of Wales in 1306 and even earlier in about 1157 Moelfre was mentioned as a focal point in a sea battle fought between Anglesey seamen and the English fleet of Henry 2nd.
Maybe I will really start calling you Moelf.
Jen!
I love that you actually looked up Moelfre. I've been wondering what that was! We are sooooo calling Joelfe "Moelf" now! He's an American in Kenya with a Welsh nickname - love IT! :-)
-Char
Charlotte (can I call you Carlotta?) I love that you totally have got my back. Moelf it is. Do you think I should break in and change the name of his blog for him? I could, you know. :) heh heh.
Evil Cake Lady,
Yes, you can call me Carlotta! I love it! Um and yeah. BREAK INTO HIS BLOG AND CHANGE IT! At least for a day! Has he called any of you in the last few days? I haven't heard from him and my int'l phone card sucks! Well, MCI sucks! They have like 2 lines going into Kenya and they're always busy so I haven't been able to get through!
Char - OOPS - Carlotta
Carlotta, Moelf hasn't called me since before he left for Machakos. Anybody else?
okay Carlotta and everyone:
I just talked with Moelf a couple of hours ago--he is well and enjoying himself. the children are a little older then he expected but that's kind of good because their english is bettter so he can communicate with them. the kids like to touch him--you know, the novelty of it--but he's doing well. he is excited about the safari next week and he's going to try to make it into town today or soon so might post again. he's thinking of staying in machakos for two months; he likes it better out in the country.
Post a Comment
<< Home