more pictures
This is our youngest, Mutunga, doing what kids everywhere do, sucking his thumb. It's a good self-soothing mechanism, people, don't suppress it or punish it!!
These are some of the kids we met at one of the water springs. They wanted their picture taken, I obliged...

This is a magnetic hill near Machakos, the water is going up the hill just so you know. We poured it where Kathryn is standing and it went up. Then we got to ride in a car while it was turned off as it was taken up the hill....gravity-schmavity!!!


The road at left is leading either way out of Masailand, long and desolate. It truly seems neverending!!
This is Dennis, whom I wrote about in a GVN journal. He is going to be moving to Terry's until we find a permanent placement for him.


At left is a gorgeous sunset over Masailand.
And this is my David. He's mine, you can't have him!!!
7 Comments:
Oh my gosh! These are wonderful photos! I'm speechless.
Love ya,
Char
It is very sad to me to see older children still sucking their thumbs or using regressed behavior as self soothing behavior but your absolutely right if they have no other means of comfort or support, they use instinctful means. To think such a mean boy turned out to be such an intellegent, caring, humanitarian. (I really am serious! Don't puke now!).
-Your Favorite Baby Sitter
ours is not to judge any of these vulnerable children. they're doing the best they can & it sounds like they've opened up & they're very giving & they're ready to be your friend.power to the people like YOU, Joel who are actually THERE in their lives guiding them, BEING there for them.
Moelf, you rock for keeping up on the blog and posting pictures for all of us!
I shared your hyena pic with Josh who thought it was awesome (he has this hyena thing).
That magnetic hill is a trip. They should build a little mystery house there and charge like $25 per person to come in and see water run uphill. A little extra income doesn't hurt anybody!
hey i just picked up my mail--thanks for the postcard!!! woohooo!
I don't believe the whole magnetic hill thing....Don't try to change my world!!!! Demon! You know "they" took Pluto off the planet list...so don't start changing the scientific rules of the universe...I don't need that pressure.
May I have a green hat please....
Cookie... please
hey moelf, hope you don't mind, josh used your hyena pic on his band's myspace page: two gun man. it shows up on the player when you click on the songs "train whistle" and "sunrise."
told you he has a hyena thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home