My Adventures in Kenya 2006

my adventures in Kenya

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Post comments

So, I posted a long journal entry on the GVN site. Please comment here!! Sorry, no photos yet. Soon I hope...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Sounds like lots of changes. I love the connections you formed with the children in Machakos. Nothing will ever take that away from you. And I love your outlook on the new place. You're a very positive person. I love & miss you.
CharB

11/07/2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

joelf, its good to hear from you! i remember how western and shocking moscow was, compared to simferopol, i'm sure that kibera compared to machakos is even MORE intense...it gets better my friend. it puts everything here in perspective, doesn't it??

be good out there. love, jen

11/07/2006 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joelfre- I hope your ankle has a chance to heal up soon! I can't believe how quickly it is going...it sounds like you are having some incredibly touching times in africa. I imagine you are being changed in ways you don't even realize fully. I miss you and look forward to seeing you. Leigh Ann

11/08/2006 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've known you since the day you were born and have seen you grow into the person you are today and I have to tell you at this moment I have never been more proud to call you friend. I believe you are experiencing the true meaning of love and humanity for children and it is truely amazing and humbling. I don't think you will ever be the same again after this experience and if you don't adopt a child after this, I'm going to beat you over the head with a club!!!!!

Your Favorite Babysitter

11/08/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

joelf, i just read your most recent post about kibera.

intestines roasting on an open fire,
mosquitos nipping at your nose...

i saw the constant gardener but i would love to see it with you when you get back--i'd love to hear your personal take on all that.

methinks you are figuring out what you want to be when you grow up, no?

11/09/2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger MaryLou said...

Joelfre'
What an awesome experience. I am so proud of you for taking this life journey. I miss seeing you and am so glad you sent the postcard because I had lost all other contact info. You are a great individual that has so much to offer this world. My love and prayers are with you and all the people and places you set foot on in this journey.
God bless you!
Your cousin,
Mary

12/08/2006 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home